As one of the oldest veterinary practices in Wales, we know a thing or two about helping people to achieve successful careers in the industry.
We believe in empowering our team with clinical freedom in a fantastic working environment, and pride ourselves on building a close-knit team. Add to that the chance to live in the fantastic south Wales area, with easy access to the coast and beautiful countryside, and a range of benefits including staff days out and fruit Fridays, and we think that Park Vets is the perfect place to set down roots.
If you are a qualified veterinary surgeon or nurse and are interested in joining our team, please send your CV and covering letter to the Clinical Director team at email@example.com. Unfortunately, we are not currently able to offer trainee or apprentice positions.
You need to accept our cookies policy first in order to view this content. If you wish to do so, please click or on Cookies Consent link in the footer to update your selection.
Registered Vet Nurse Vacancy
Park Vets in Cardiff has an exciting new opportunity for a registered veterinary nurse to join our fantastic team. We are looking for a warm, friendly individual who wants to develop their nursing skills or bring their experience and ideas to an open and welcoming practice.
The role is purely nursing-based and is designated throughout the week to allow you to concentrate on the nursing duties for that day. You will be joining a further 13 qualified nurses and three trainees. We are an accredited RCVS practice and training facility.
The surgery is well equipped with full surgical and diagnostic facilities including, but not limited to, digital X-ray, digital dental X-ray, ultrasound, in-house lab, isolation facilities and complete surgical equipment for routine, soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery.
The role would require OOH duties, but generous time in lieu and bonuses are in place.
- 40 hours/ week; 1 in 8 weekends (or Saturday rota;) OOH on rotation.
- Salary dependent on experience
- Part-time candidates would be considered
- Qualified Veterinary Nurse
- RCVS registered
Benefits provided pro-rata include:
- 33 days annual leaving inclusive of bank holidays & your birthday
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- RCVS & VDS fees paid
- External CPD funded - £600/year 3 paid CPD days
- Certificates actively encouraged and supported
- Vet Partners learning platform – with lots of free CPD
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Wellness Platform – Healthshield cover
- Pension scheme provided
- Team-building activities and socials
Full time Veterinary Surgeon
Salary £35,000 - £55,000/year dependant on experience.
Part time and flexible working considered.
4-day week 8.30-7pm to include a fixed day off per week with 1 in 5 weekends, no out of hours. Weekend hours are Saturday 8.30-4pm and Sunday 10-1pm.
We are based across three branches, Cardiff, Penarth, and Pontypridd. We have a wide range of the standard facilities also including endoscopy and an orthopaedic theatre. Rota is based on the following days: consulting, inpatients, surgical and branch. We have a team of experienced nurses available including certificate holders in dermatology, feline nursing, anaesthesia and consulting. We have a wide variety of vets including certificate holders and those working towards certificates as well as an orthopaedic surgeon. There is room for development and growth with support from all members of the team depending on your interests
Benefits provided by us pro-rata include:
· 33 days annual leaving inclusive of bank holidays & your birthday
· Competitive salary depending on experience
· RCVS & VDS fees paid
· Membership to one professional body
· External CPD funded - £1750/year with 5 paid CPD days
· Certificates actively encouraged and supported
· Vet Partners learning platform – with lots of free CPD
· Career progression opportunities
· Staff discount schemes
· Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
· Wellness Platform – Healthshield cover
· Pension scheme provided
· Team-building activities and socials
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to